A scrum master is a person on the team who is responsible for managing the process, and only the process. They are not involved in the decision-making, but function as a guide to lead the team through the scrum process with their experience and expertise using the agile methodology. TQI’s is able to make certain a Client’s project is 97% on-time and 98% on budget vis-a-vie a Scrum Master.
The Scrum Master serves the Scrum (AGILE) Team in several ways, including:
- Coaching the team members in self-management and cross-functionality;
- Helping the Scrum Team focus on creating high-value Increments that meet the Definition of Done;
- Causing the removal of impediments to the Scrum Team’s progress; and,
- Ensuring that all Scrum events take place and are positive, productive, and kept within the timebox.
The Scrum Master serves the Product Owner (TQI) in several ways, including:
- Helping find techniques for effective Product Goal definition and Product Backlog management;
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items;
- Helping establish empirical product planning for a complex environment; and,
- Facilitating stakeholder collaboration as requested or needed.
The Scrum Master serves the CLIENT organization in several ways, including:
- Leading, training, and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
- Planning and advising Scrum implementations within the organization;
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact an empirical approach for complex work; and,
- Removing barriers between stakeholders and Scrum Teams.
- Reporting, Communications, Expectation Management concerning budget, deliverables and in complex projects a living Pro Forma.